Hey Au Pairs,
Sadly, we still get asked the question "but can guys be au pairs?" The answer to that is YES! We explore this in this week’s video:
To become an au pair, the only compulsory criteria is to be:
- between 17 - 30 years old
- interested in working with kids
- unmarried and have no kids of your own
- not a past criminal (no record)
- and want to spend time abroad with an interest in your host country's language/culture.
SO long as you fit those requirements, you can become an au pair - no matter how you identify. It's certainly a great way to learn a new language, leave your comfort zone and meet international friends for life.
Unfortunately, we've only met a few male au pairs abroad and those we've met have confirmed that the process took a little work. However, if you're willing to put in maybe a little extra time to find the perfect au pair host family, it is possible.
The process is then the same for any non-EU citizens. We have help with procuring a visa on our channel. If you're a male au pair, we'd love to hear about your experiences in the comments below!